12 Depression Busters for the Unemployed

The unemployment rate has skyrocketed to approximately 10 percent, and it is forecasted to stay above 9.5 percent for the rest of 2010. For the first time in American history, more women are working than men because close to 80 percent of the people laid off in the recent recession were men.
According to a recent study published in the "International Journal of Epidemiology," unemployment is a major risk factor for depression, even in people without previous vulnerability. Here, then, are 12 steps to bust your depression when you're unemployed. Read More: http://www.beliefnet.com/Health/Emotional-Health/Depression/12-Depressio...

Great tips and article Bluidkiti, thank you so much for sharing. I've been unemployed before and it's all about trying to continually look ahead and work towards the future rather than sitting and sulking in the negative. I constantly had to remind myself that stressing and being negative wouldn't help matters, so I had to turn my energy around by focusing on all that was positive in my life and all that I wished for.