A man at work called me a big fat slob behind my back. Ive b

A man at work called me a big fat slob behind my back. Ive been trying to let it go but I have a hard time not letting things get to me. I've been working so hard at my weight loss. I go to the gym everyday after work. My weight loss progress is slow and it's discouraging hearing such hateful things. I'm new at this factory and nobody even knows me yet. They just see a fat slob

1 Heart

One thing that helps me is to just think, "They don't know my life nor struggles". Because I overthink things like this too, but lately if I hear someone talking behind my back (rarely happens as far as I know) I just say whatever and ignore it. I know where my heart is, and I would say it is in the right place. Love your enemies as hard as that can be sometimes.

2 Hearts

Also the longer you stick with your program, one day you will be able to sit there and give all those people a big F you. Progression takes time, if it was easy, everyone would be doing it. Look for the little changes instead of the big and one day you will see that big change. When I was heavier, it was so discouraging. One day, I was showering and realized I could clean my feet easier while bending over, it was a crazy thing to notice. Today, I currently see more veins in my arms and never thought that would happen in my weight loss journey. I have slowly gained more confidence, while staying humble. Sorry for the novel here, but you got this if you stick with it!

2 Hearts

Thank you. I really appreciate the encouragement

1 Heart

@Hurt1583 What a d!ck. I would have scratched his eyes out. But that’s just me. LOL… I can tell you that people who say things like that are insecure about themselves. It’s good you are here getting support and just feel sorry for that loser because happy people don’t do that. You got this. Just take it one step at a time.