Alcoholic Cirrhosis

I am a 80 yr old male...
I have end-stage cirrhosis and many of the problems that go with it.
Ascites is my problem now, it's been hard to keep the fluid down..it is better then it was 6 months ago.

I want to share my life with cirrhosis and I would like to

hear from anyone who has cirrhosis too.

Bob Elliott

Hi Bob, thank you so much for being here and for sharing with us. Although I do not have direct experience with Cirrhosis, I would like to offer my support to you in any way that I can. Please share anything that you feel comfortable sharing with us. Thank you!

Today I feel pretty darn good!

I slept good last night for a change. This morning I met my foursome for breakfast…I ate 2 eggs, sausage and home fries! Don’t tell me I’m crazy…I have blood work done every 3 weeks to keep up with Berilum, ammonia, albumin and I also keep check on my kidneys…

My diurects was increased and It has really decreased the build up of ascites…

I hope you have had as good a day as I have, I know that’s not possible for all…I’ve been there and I know where many of you have been!

Just mouthing off today…please let me know if I can help you in any way.

My apoligies for the incorrect spelling

Snowman 449
Bob

Hi Bob! Thank you so much for the fantastic update. I am so happy to hear that you're having such a great day. And, the description of your breakfast made me very hungry. Keep up your wonderfully positive attitude and outlook, and all of your days will be just like this one :-)

I thought that I would join this site, so that I can get some answers. I myself do not have Cirrhosis, but I believe that my husband does. He has been drinking heavy for at least 50 years and now he is all blown up in the stomach. I believe he has severe ascites as he looks pregnant and he is a thin man by nature. I have tried so hard to get him to see a doctor, yet the doctor will not pull his clothes off of him and do a complete head to toe physical on him. All his doctor does is sit him in a chair and talk to him and then very routine blood tests. For some reason the blood tests come out normal, yet he stinks like amonia and uremia all the time. He does not think that there is anything wrong with him. Any suggestions on what I can do to get him to see the problem here and yes he is still drunking if you know what I mean.

Thank you for letting me post.

Kathleen

Kathleen
I have cirrhosis and am a 58 year old female.
You really must get your husband checked. One thing I have learned is that if the disease has progressed enough, the liver results can come back normal. This is because there is not enough healthy tissue to test. Even if you need to talk to the doctor, yourself, to get it moving.

My sister has cancer & has been taking protocel, she believes it can cure you, Her name is Lenda,!413-842-5415, please call her before 8:00 pm.