Alright all you mommas out there, I need some advice here. M

Alright all you mommas out there, I need some advice here. My daughter was a whopping 9lbs 5oz when she was born. Due to some complications (I'll spare the gory details) and a decelerating heart rate, I sustained 4th degree tears. They've more or less healed, except they bleed when I walk for more than 15-20 minutes, and I tinkle when I do vigorous activity, uncontrollably and yes, I am doing kegals. My doctor says this is normal, but... I'm starting to get worried. It's been almost a year now, can anyone tell me if they've experienced this? I'm sorry if it's wrong to post this here... I'm just wondering if anyone else has gone through this and can tell me anything that will help ease my nerves.

3 Hearts

I had an episiotomy and good lord that hurt and it took about 6-10 months to totally heal, but after a year and you are still having issues, I would worry too. Your poor body has gone through a lot and while you might be doing everything you can on your own. See if there is anything that can be done for you medically, especially the open scars. Hugs my dear! CK

1 Heart

@CKarma @CKarma Thank you, I appreciate the response. I wasn’t sure if I should bother them. Any other time I’ve spoken to my doctor about it he’s kinda rolled his eyes like I was too over worried. So I left it alone and tried my hardest not to worry but my daughters birthday is on the 22nd, and granted there’s a lot of progress considering I was in bed rest for the first three weeks of my daughters life, but I’m still concerned that a year later I’m having problems. I’ll call and make an appointment with a female doctor at my doctors firm and speak with her about it. Maybe she’ll do more for me.

A year is quite a bit of time. It is slightly possible that you started being too active too soon and they hadn't healed enough for it.
I worked in the high risk floor and recovery in Labor and Delivery so sometimes we has women come back a few month later even to be put on bed rest for a few weeks because the activities kept opening weak points.
If there has been any itchy or regular dripping blood/liquid, it might be minor but reoccurring infections.
It would be good to get an exam and make sure there isn't a new issue that might be a catalyst for the healing being so slow.
Since your babe's almost a year, a full check up would not hurt anyhow and a second opinion or at least some clear answers should be something you can find too.

2 Hearts

@Arctic Thank you! I appreciate the input since you know a little bit about it. She’s actually over a year now! Also, the bleeding seems to have stopped now. My doctor just kept telling me that it was fine without even looking at me! So while I was looking for a new doctor I noticed that i don’t seem to have as many issues now. The tinkling thing is still there though, I will have to go get that checked. But thank you again!

@CKarma I’m still looking for a new family doctor, I’ve seen a few, but they don’t really seem like doctors I want as my doctor. Thank you for the reply :]

I still have pain from a C- section and my son is about to be one. I'm going to see my doctor today. I don't have any tears though. Hopefully your doctor can help.

2 Hearts