Always Scared

Im new to this. I have been depressed and severly anxious for a long time. Im tired of being tired. I just want to be happy but dont know how. I feel like no one understands me or what ive been thru. I feel like im drowning and loosing everything that I care about including me.

I have watched people i love die right before my eyes. How are you suppost to deal with that. I'm scared ALL the time. I dont sleep. I dont eat. I'm constantly sick. Its overbaring.

Hello Kelie,
My name is Emily and I wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I have also been dealing with depression and anxiety for a little over a year now and have fried medication, etc. I know how you feel about making your self sick with all of this and not being able to live your life. I to have let these take over my whole being and it is really hard to be me anymore. I feel like I am a burden on people that I care about and sometimes it truly is hard to make it through the day. I want you to know you are not alone and if you ever just need to talk and vent just email or message me. I hope this was some what helpful.

-Emily

Emily

Thank you so much for that. It helps a lot knowing that I’m not crazy and there are other people out there that feel the same way. Everyone I know keeps telling me just to stop feeling that way. Like its a light switch or something that I can just turn on and off. If that were the case obviously I would turn it off. I mean who chooses to feel this way! Every single day.

Hi Kelie,
I'm Megan and I'm 23 years old. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression since I was about 16. Everything has seemed to get worse in the last 2 years. I have been hospitalized 3 times due to these issues. I never used to see a light at the end of the tunnel, but now I do. I just take things one day at a time. When you think about the BIG picture, things get overwhelming. Just concentrate on what you can do in this moment to make things better. I know for me I take walks, call a friend, paint (badly but still haha), do beading, attempt cooking, listen to relaxation tapes, etc. I often get frustrated with other people because it seems like they don't understand, and honestly unless you have been through anxiety and depression, it is hard to get it. But just know there are other people out there that understand and are more than willing to share their stories or help. This website is great for that. I know there are a few things I did when I felt things were out of my control. I went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed medication for both my anxiety and depression and these helped lighten the intensity of my feelings. Then I went to a counselor and that was one of the best decisions. I was so scared about therapy but once I did it, wow was I happy. You can hash things out and get to the roots of your problems. Then you can get a grip on what it is that has really been bothering you. Once you do that, it's only up from there. Write letters to your loved ones about how you feel and what's going on. I felt like no one ever understood, so I MADE them understand. I wrote probably a 6 page letter to my family describing every little detail. Then they understood better, and even if they don't get it completely they may be more willing to try. I hope this helped a little! Keep coming back :)