Anyone else on Lithium? I have bad muscle twitching from it

Anyone else on Lithium? I have bad muscle twitching from it. Is there anything to help that? It makes it so hard to sleep or relax with it. Whenever I try to lower my dose, I get suicidal thoughts again.

1 Heart

Anyone in the group on Lithium?

There has to be someone who has been on Lithium lol. Oh well I'll just talk to the dr when I see her.

1 Heart

I had that side effect on Lamictal and also on Depakote. Thankfully I'm no longer on either of them.

1 Heart

Oh yeah I ended up in the hospital because of Lamictal. It made me manic at night. I get told by doctors that it doesn't do that but it did it to me.

1 Heart

@Miles2go It was weird it would make me very restless right up until it knocked me out cold. I couldn’t lay still no matter how hard I tried, and was very uncomfortable. The docs told me that it wasn’t the meds, but I as like, “Well in my 20+ years of being on this earth I’ve never had this problem at all, then suddenly I start Lamictal and I do. So…?” Doctors irritate me sometimes.

The only thing that has ever worked for me is Latuda. The least side effects. No sucidal thoughts at all. No episodes nothing just peace. I know every one is different but this drug has changed my life for the better.

Yeah... They wanted to put me on that but my insurance wouldn't cover it

1 Heart

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder