Anyone feel like talking?

Anyone feel like talking?

3 Hearts

Sup?

1 Heart

I can't sleep & I dumped all my drug addicted friends. It was the right thing to do but wow, 3yrs later & I'm getting really lonely

2 Hearts

@whosayswhoiam Hi there, nice to meet you! :slight_smile: I am in DBT myself. I find some of the things helpful. How do you like it? Does any of it work for you?

stay strong, find new surroundings who have a better influence on you.

1 Heart

@TheHumanAndTheEvil Because I felt the same when I left my boyfriend. He was my everything but abusing me, mentally and physically. Told me I was worth nothing without him. In the end when it was over he apologized telling me it was all lies. Damage was done. And I could only move on. Because if no one priotizes my well being, who will? almost 3 years later, I meet a beautiful girl who knows how to treat me well. Never forget, YOU come first before anyone else.

If it was easy for me I'd have done that. I'm in DBT therapy & 1 on 1 coucelling. Anxiety & other issues. I'm really trying but I just feel stuck.

2 Hearts

@whosayswhoiam I understand. I, too, still feel like no one gets me like my ex did. I have my goals but feel like getting nowhere right now. But a couple of days ago, I reminded myself how far I’ve come. From where I came. You should remind yourself,too, of how far you have come. Having stepped outside of that circle of your friends was the very first brave step. Now you have to be careful not to go back when you feel tempted. I felt tempted so many times to go to my ex but a voice deep inside of me, told me it was the wrong choice - my intuition - and now I feel free from this cage. Remember that the greatest flight happens after a great fall…The feeling of being stuck is for me like a test, you have to endure, of course you can see it differently…

Sounds like you're on the right path with the therapy. Remember it's a process and sometimes you'll feel like you're not making the progress you want. In my opinion the holidays make a lot of people feel lonely. Can you visit your kids?

@SnoGlobe my kids are coming to me @ the only appropriate place. I’ve had a friend now for 12yrs but he sleeps all the time & he has to be treated like a child @ times. Like to shave, shower, wash his clothes…stuff like that. Plus I have a huge problem. I have a do not trespass order out on me @ that building. I have to, wear a disguise if I want to sneak in there. The place is all cleaned up & decorated now & I’ve got all the gifts. I just can’t screw up sneaking in there or else I ruin my kids Christmas

I'm on disability & lots of therapy

2 Hearts

Lol yes that is awesome! Are you sober? I'm just asking cause I'm wondering if you attend any AA or NA meetings? You sound like you're a person who does well when you have a project? (The friend you mentioned sounds like a bit of a project... plus how well you managed when you were taking care of your kids) What are you doing to pass the time and keep your mind active?

1 Heart

@SnoGlobe I miss the kids…I go to therapy every Tuesday & therapist on Thursday’s. I’m clean of drugs & I drink sometimes nothing & other days a few & too much maybe once a month. I did go to a program called ADAPT. That was once a week. After the first session I gave my x fiance the aultimatum. Either get clean or I’m gone. I ended up leaving.

Hi

@Ck80211 hey, how’s it going?

its going...Im depressed and on meds doing all I can to keep my head up

1 Heart

@Ck80211 sorry your having such a hard time. Do you have any kind of support system?

Nope.

Do you? I just supported you and you can talk to me anytime you need to vent or just wanna talk. you can private message me

1 Heart

@Ck80211 I’ll message you