Anyone have any quick tips to dealing with the diagnosis of

Anyone have any quick tips to dealing with the diagnosis of Schizophrenia. Something i have delt with since my diagnosis is the stereotyping of people that are labeled mentally ill. We all have struggles but when the troubles affect the way you think and act and percieve things it makes thing even harder to explain to people. One example is going to get my haircut - hey always ask me what i do for a living, and i'm stuck either making up stories or telling the stylist i'm disabled (which kind of leaves them in shock) and me more depressed, anxious, and paranoid.

I suggest you do all your research on sz. I know it’s difficult but they are a ton of things a disabled can do. I also suggest that you check on your treatment plan or talk to the head therapist or psychologist for further release. Like I said do your research and know that one of these can be the solution to release you.

I too deal with the stigma of having a mental illness. You tell people you are disabled and getting benefits and they look at you like you're some kind of monster. I have schizoffective disorder bipolar type which is similar to schizophrenia. It can be difficult navigating the world with that type of diagnosis. Trust me I understand your pain!

1 Heart

@MD1992 Thank you! Someone else can relate!