Are you like me?

Hi people.

I only signed up today and I am looking for people like me. I have a raging, out of control binge eating problem. I feel like such an outsider because food dictates my life entirely. I can't grow up because I am too scared of the world, and feel like a child all the time, despite being 22.

I am at University and start classes again on Monday, but I don't want to go. I am too intimidated and self conscious and just want to bury my head in the sand. I am wondering whether anyone would like to be my online buddy or believes that their situation might be similar to mine?

I have been binge eating since I was 15.

Thanks

Hey milkface,
I am glad you came here for support. It is a great place to start recovery. My situation is similar to yours. I have an eating disorder but along with starving I also binge eat. Like you I am also in university so I understand the stresses of school and not knowing many people. Anytime you need to talk I am here and there are so many other people on this site like you that can offer support and understanding. So keep writing.

Allee

Hey Milkface,

I just want to let you know that you can talk to me anytime. I'm also heading back to college in a few weeks, which is both scary and exciting because of this eating disorder thing. Also, I binge and starve myself alternatively, tonight is no exception.

We're here for you, you just vent and let it all out. It helps so much, trust me!

Cat

ps you can message me anytime!

Hi There!

I also just joined yesterday, and you DO sound just like me! I am uncomfortable around people, ALWAYS hyper-sensitive about what I say, how I look, or how I think YOU think I seem. And the FOOD....OMG!!! Food Food Food....it's always my first thought!!! I am glad you are here <3 Maybe we can hang in there together.

Hi milkface,

I totally understand how you are feeling. I have had an eating disorder since I was 11. I started with bulimia but then just strictlly binging for the last five years. I am in recovery right now and my binging is becoming under control but I know exactly what you mean about feeling like a child. I am sorry you are suffering so much. Do you have a therapist that you can talk to? Therapy has really helped me out. Its unbelievable what an ED can do to your self esteem. I would love to be your support buddy. Know that you are not alone and that you can and will get through this. Stay strong, dont give up. :)Nicole

Milkface,

I feel the same you do. I am a bit younger but terribly afraid of growing up. I have reached out to food as a coping mechanism. I am also in school and I completely understand the stresses. You are not alone. I am in recovery even though I sometimes fall back into my old ways. I'm proud of you for making this account and joining our online discussions. It has truly helped me and I only joined a day or two ago! We are all here to support you. Feel free to message me!

<3LaurenRose35

hey I wonderedif you get sick after you binge? If you do I am the same and have recieved treatment and would looovvee to give you some advice

I'd love some advice!