At the end of my rope

I have worked in a call center for the past 4 years and although i didn't really think it effected me before I'm beginning to realize it's taken a toll on my body in the last year or so. I can't think clearly anymore, I feel dumb because even the simplest things elude me. I can't concentrate, I have no attention span. I cry over little things. I need help but I don't know where to go... I tried of just trying to get through the day instead of enjoying it.

Hi dazednconfused24 - I am sorry to hear about your problems. What type of call center is it? Sometimes if you have to listen to people’s problems it can be really trying and is normal to cause stress. have you had a chance to take a vacation or a few days off to refresh and recoup? maybe some time off will be healthy and its good to take a break and get away to see if you may want to search for other jobs as well.

Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

I think sometimes you just have to know when to leave. In this case, I think you have reached your limit.
I had a job which did similar things to me. I had the same mental fog. I couldn't even put a sentence together to hold an intelligible conversation at the end of the day. I had panic attacks, nightmares, depression, and became self and outwardly destructive.
I'd never felt and done such things because of any job I ever held. It's a good thing that I am not there anymore.
I believe that when you start feeling the effects of stress, it is a late sign that you need to regroup or remove yourself from the situation.
You look much too young to be suffering in this way. You should be having fun and enjoying your life, like you said.