Bad Day

Well, I know that I'm still going to have these days but it sure doesn't make them hurt any less. Had to go to the grocery store today for a few things. Seeing all the couples shopping reminded me of how my husband and I use to go there together. I had to pull over to the side of the road on the way home and have myself a good cry. He was my rock and I miss him so!!! I get so lonely!! I've been trying to sell my house for awhile now so I can move back to Indiana where my daughter and grandchildren live but I'm not having much luck. I don't really have a support system near by, except for my therapist and she doesn't make house calls. I guess I'm just feeling alone and overwhelmed today. Maybe I'm just destined to spend my life alone.

Stringbean ... I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

The economy is tight right now but that will change. I can see you selling your home sometime in the future.

Until your house sells you might want to get in touch with a local support group. You will meet others like yourself that you can converse with.

Also, you might want to get involved with some activities that will get you out of the house. You could try volunteering or meeting a bunch of people for some sort of activity.

The following two websites could help you find something to do:

http://www.volunteermatch.org/
http://www.meetup.com/

Again, I am sorry for your loss.

Luvs....Thank you so much for your kind words and for your suggestions. I already do some volunteer work with my dog but that is only one day a week. The weekends seem to be the hardest. I love shopping but I'm getting tired of doing that. I know the economy is bad right now but I still get discouraged. I also know that it will happen when it is suppose to but.... I will check out those websites. Again, thank you so much for your kindness!

Hey Stringbean, I am sorry that you are going through a bad time at the moment. I know you know that with time it will get better. It's just getting to that point. The first year is the worse year. You have all those firsts to get through. There will always be things to remind you of the times you had together. It is ok if you cry. Crying is healing. It is better to let your feelings out than to keep them inside. I pray that you can sell your house soon and be able to move closer to your family. Keep us posted on how you are doing. We are always here for you. ((((hugs))))

Stringbean, I'm sorry you've had a bad day. The sadness and loneliness comes so unexpectedly sometimes. It doesn't have to be a big thing that brings it on. I know in times like that I turn to this site, it's always available. It has helped me enormously. I hope it helps you, getting support and understanding. We share your pain and totally understand where you're coming from. I hope a day comes where we can handle it on our own, until then we're here. You are in my prayers. Hugs, Raylene

Just thought I'd add today is my bad day. 5 months since we found Doug dead. I'm trying to treat this day as any other, but not succeeding very well. These road block days stop me cold. I've tried not to aknowledge today in hopes I could skip over it, but it hasn't worked.
Just keep me in your prayers as I will you that tomorrow is better. Hugs, Raylene