Bad Day

I feel so worthless today. My boyfriend has been cranky and unsupportive, I don't have a job and I just sit at home all day doing nothing. Sometimes I think about doing something creative and then I don't have the energy or I have too much resentment to start something. I get so much criticizm from my family regarding my creative endeavours that I gave it all up. I spend a lot of time online looking for work but can't find any thing. The rest of the time I play video games or watch TV. I'm really feeling sorry for myself and I don't know how to get out of this rut. I'm very sad.

what matters is in your heart. i stay home as well and my mother says i need to get a job. i used to get really upset with her about it because it is hard work keeping up with the house and paying bills. it is still a job no matter what anybody thinks. also if you want to be creative go ahead and have fun! i love art but i cant draw so i got an easle and i draw and i dont let people look at it because i know i draw very poorly. it is for me and no one else. if it makes you happy then do it. its for you not for them. i hope this helps.:)

dear ones, ask for guidence and the Holy Spirit will guide you in the right direction that He wants you to go. jenny123 that feeling of uselessness and self pity will disappear as we begin to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understand him. did you take the self assessment test? maybe you are depressed? i don't know but the test might help you find out and you could find out more about your self.i have faith and hope that if you keep writing and posting you will find wellness.

Hi Jenny,

If possible try to get out and at least go for a walk everyday, even if you don't do anything else.

The endorphins the body release while walking is like a natural drug that your body loves.

I know how you feel about the creative stuff. I think about doing things all the time as I'm quite a good artist, but that's as far as it gets. lol But I've learnt not to beat myself up over it.

Cheers and good luck

dear Jenny i second gottasmiles advice. i must say that walks are indeed crucial to wellness. i try and do walk daily due to my little dog, he gets me up and out on a regular basis thats for sure. i think i read it somewhere on NAMI website that it is highly reccommended for depressionn as well. so gottasmile is right on target! i only hope you have a decent place to walk, even so any safe street will do. with all my faith and hope you will get better.

Thank you all for your comments. I took the depression test and it said I have severe depression. Lol. Nothing I didn't know. Good news, I went to a party last night and met two women who invited me to events. So perhaps I will now have friends. I'm also making a galliant effort in trying to find a job. I'm going to call/email all my professional contacts and ask for help. I need to get myself out of this rut. And I will go for a walk everyday. Thank you for your encouragement. It's just what I needed. xoxoxo

dear Jenny, good for you! your efforts will pay off! keep up the good work, and let me know how you are doing. we still want to support you as you go through your walk. you may need to see a professional doctor skilled in treating depression. i have hope and faith that you will be lead by your God to the right treatment plan for you.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder