Be conscious of what you say

Every time words are spoken, something is created. Be conscious of what you say and how you say it. Use words that build up, appreciate, encourage and inspire. Lucy MacDonald

I woke yesterday morning a little grumpy. I said a few things to my youngest daughter who was up. I got my coffee and came online. This was the first thing I read. So I went back to bed for just a little bit. My husband asked me why I was back in bed again. I told him about what I read and how my mood was when I first got up. I decided after reading this to go back to bed and try getting up again with a better attitude and it worked.

Ever since reading this yesterday, I have been keeping in mind about the words I say and their affect on others around me. It has helped me to be more conscious about how I talk to others.

I'll sure try even though I'm more direct now in life, like Jokergirl (OUCH but love it) & not as ooie gooie some days & I do understand some need a kick in the b--- cause they cant stand up for themselves cause they havent learned or are young, sometimes it helps & sometimes NOT, depends on the person....then I ask myself "Are they looking for compassion/understanding/love/shoulder to cry on" cause their just wanting to vent & get things off their chest, or "Do they want a reality check/opinion/option w/some food for thought" hummmmm

Great topic Bluid & again your right words ARE POWERFUL.

Take care of you

April

True indeed! I'd even go so far as to say we are remembered more for what we say than for what we do.

hello all

the problem with words is even the most innocent can be taken the wrong way.

but im a firm believer in to thy own self be true

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes

Now I often write down what I want to say before saying it because I have messed up with what I have said too often.

Words often get me into trouble.