Because of my propensity toward anxiety, have a current issu

because of my propensity toward anxiety, have a current issue that is driving me anxious, my step brother has serious issues w/ depression, I try to be respectful but he insist on getting into my face, as if I'm suppose to fix him, he is disabled and try to do a lot for him, w/out being co dependent, am not going to play victim w/ this scenario but I do know how to say no and have great boundaries, just on edge with his attitude

1 Heart

Well first off , we always get hurt by the ones we love. second if he has depression along with a disability ,we tend to lash out not really meaning to hurt anyone,but are so frustrated with the situation,its a hard thing for both of you , He really needs counceling ,and with the disabilities he should be able to get assistence with that , and you should also get cash assistence for you being his caretaker, im sure deep down he does not mean to be that way. As far as the depression, no you can not fix him, we all learn eventually that know one else can fix you but you yourself.best to you and your bro.xoxo

1 Heart

thanks, I convinced him once before to seek out counceling, and even gave the dynamics to look for in a councelor, he didn't heed my advice and made her his newest best friend and nothing was acdomplished then, perhaps in fact a 2nd round could work (with my interviewing any new therapist, but coming from a mental health background, I know what to look for and how to limit sessions to accomplish 'goals' etc, time will tell ....as far as being paid as a caregiver, am hip and could appreciate such extra assistance (in times past I would be paid), Oregon appears to be more strapped than other states I have lived in ......thank you for response, if nothing else it does show others can/will show support, use to be involved in a few different type support to resolve my own issues, and always with great success .......in the meantime, is awesome that I found this site as well as another great site, "intherooms.com" ......in there I will do cyber meetings in re: ACA and CODA ......THANK YOU, HARRY