Co-dependent

I am finding out more and more everyday that i am co-dependent. i want to change that. I do not want to be co-dependent any more. i am always worried about everone first before i take care of myself. I have a boy friend that i am always trying to fix our problems for the both of us, even though he does not want me to fix it. I feel that i have to fix things even though it was not my fault. i know its not my fault and i feel guilt. i always want to be a people pleaser and always say yes even when i dont want to do it..

thank you

I used to be a people pleaser and it was not making me happy.One day i decided to change and now i am much happier.I do what i want to do when i want to and with who i want to.I say no very easy now if i dont want to do something and i dont worry about it.Take care and good luck.

Hi cherbear3225, I am in recovery. One thing I had to learn to say was no. Just a little 2 letter word - no. I am not where I would like to be with this but I am better than I use to be. There is a group called Co-Dependents Anonymous. This is the link for the site http://www.codependents.org/ . Check that out when you have a chance. It may be helpful to you. To make the change start with one tiny little baby step at a time. Keep sharing with us. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

honey choose one little thing u dont like and practise sayin no for that one when u are comfortable move on to another issue untill u become the person u want to b. if no makes u feel uncomfortable use another word but make sure u dont fall back into the old ways i always use im sorry i cant do that/this/other mayb next time and find it helps alot
keep smiling and trying and good luck with step one