Comfort or the unfamiliar?

For the past week I have gotten help by Jan with a meal plan and already had my ups and downs. I am trying really hard to stick with it. I know from experience that when I have a past "forbidden" food that I sometimes freak out and get upset and it ruins my entire day.
Tomorrow is my mothers birthday and as a treat my family is going out to breakfast together(something we Rarely do). So I have two options. Since planning my meals for the next day helps me feel more controlled I am trying to figure out if I should go with a comforting choice or the unfamiliar? I could go with the comforting oatmeal or fruit where I know the caloric count wont freak me out and I will feel okay with it. OR I could try a former forbidden and past favorite- Pancakes. I used to love pancakes but I know that there is a possibility that I will be upset after especially since the calories/fat is higher than I ever do for breakfast but is it worth the risk- to push myself in my recovery?

What do you guys think?

allee

I think (and this is just my opinion) that in order to move forward in anything, life, jobs, or recovery, that you need to take risks, sometimes very big ones. However it might not be worth ruining such a special day because of breakfast. Is there a smaller risk you can take? Maybe have something on/with the oatmeal or fruit that you normally shy away from?

Good luck, and try and enjoy yourself tomorrow!

-Mallory

Thanks Mallory! :) I think I will try a compromise. Maybe a taste of pancakes...couldn't hurt (:

allee