Confused Hello, this is my first time on this site. I need

Confused
Hello, this is my first time on this site. I need an outsiders perspective. Someone who does not know either myself or my children’s father. I have 3 children, with a man I was with for almost 20 years. I left him due to him being a gambler, and alcoholic. He does not work, does not provide financially for the children. I am a general manager who works 50 hours a week. He watches the kids three days a week for 6 hours while I work. The kids will be going back to school soon and I will have to work a 9-7 shift dropping them off at school leaving work to pick them up and returning to work with the children with me for the remainder of my shift. He tells me I am being selfish and should just allow the kids to go to school where he lives. But that means I will only have the kids weekends and will have to pay him a man who does not work at all for years, child support. I feel I am doing what I need to do to provide for my children. Am I wrong? Is he right here? Please comment!

I believe you need to put you and your children first. If he is an alcoholic and a gambler, I doubt very much that you are being selfish. Very sorry for your situation. Glad you are here to gain some perspective. So easy to doubt ourselves if we are not hearing different opinions.

Thank you for your comment. I believe I’m doing the right thing but it’s hard when everyone around you is biast to the situation. He’s not a terrible father but I do believe they are better off in a more stable home

@Jerseyb58 And the courts would agree with you. Welcome!