Currently having an outbreak after being on a preventative dCurrently having an outbreak after being on a preventative

Currently having an outbreak after being on a preventative dose of valtrex for a year and half. Was having them every other month or so before that since I was infected. It sucks. And I am mad I have to live with this the rest of my life. Missed work the last two days because my vagina freaking hurts. My lymph nodes on one side are swollen and painful which hasn't happened before. Generally feeling like crap. Boohoo I know other people have it worse. But that doesn't make my pain go away

1 Heart

hang in there. Have you tried other things like various herbal remedies? Or going to an acupuncturist/chinese med doctor?

Hi RMH, me and my dr decided to put me on a preventive dose. I'm newly infected but I think the easiest thing is accept it. This outbreak will pass. And yes there will be others but they will pass too. Outbreaks are just outbreaks. You are still the same person.

isNt it generally normal to have a few outbreaks after your initial outbreak. I think everyone is different in terms of how many they have and how often and remember that it is all about your immune system so it is probably a good idea to look at your diet