Day One

So thanks to everyone on this site, as well as my boyfriend, I went to bed with wonderful motivation to give up my laxatives :) ....it felt SO weird going to bed and not taking any. I've been doing it for years I seriously felt like part of me was missing.

However when I woke up...um...OUCH! I had a really really horrible ache aaaall the way across my stomach. I felt nauseous and every bite of breakfast was horrible. I wasn't at all hungry. Luckily a bit afterward a small bowel movement alleviated some of the pain. But the raw ache still existed. Plus the bloating didn't help my mindset.

But I pushed through, and headed to the grocery store to pick up some digestive-friendly foods, and the pain seemed to slowly dissipate (lol...I became EXTREMELY gasey, which probably helped too)
But my appetite is horrible. It's really hard to eat, and then my mind tells me not to eat too much because then it will just back things up and take longer to digest and I'll be in even MORE discomfort...it's a hard thought to work around and beat.

Though otherwise it wasn't too bad of a day. I had a nice walk to the grocery store, some cute little keychains I ordered for my boyfriend and I came in the mail, and I think I have my form down-pat for Kung Fu, so hopefully I'll do well on my grading. But I think the best part of my day is yet to come...John is coming over to spend the night and we're going to spend the whole day together tomorrow (but shh don't tell my mom I'm having a sleepover :P hehe)

I hope tomorrow my tummy feels a bit better, and I'm going to do my best to not even LOOK at my stomach so ED can't say anything about it.

Lots of love,
Paige

Way to go Paige! I am so proud of you! That is such an accomplishment, and you stuck with it. I know your stomach hurts but it will go away- like you must have realized today as the pain started going away. I am also glad to hear that you kept eating :) you are such an inspiration to me.

I am glad the keychains came in the mail that you ordered and also that you have your form down for Kung Fu. Are you nervous about this weekend with your grading? I used to get so nervous before mine- I don't even want to go into how nervous I was before I went for my black belts.

I hope you have a nice night with John. I am happy that you have someone so supportive in your life! And I am willing to bet your stomach will feel better tomorrow :)

allee

Congrats on day 1. Keep up the good work.

Thank you to both of you :)

And I don't think the nerves have quite hit me yet Allee...I can feel a bit of the nerves, but I think until Friday comes and the reality of the "OH MY GOD" will actually kick in lol
But I still think I'll do good. There's a couple things I want to practice, but I know if I try my best I'll be able to do it.
I can only imagine how nervous you must have been for your black belts! A lot of expectations on those ones....but you did get them :) I hope one day I'll be able to as well!
Thank you so much for always having such lovely and helpful comments for me, you always make me smile :)

Paige xoxo

hmmmm yes i think this is your body just adjusting ---just give it time--trust me it will thank you in the end... your symptoms sound just like mine--but yours is just a phase... it will pass . everyone on this site has gone through 'the phase' in recovery--it passes and you feel much better.

great work and thanks for all your loving compliments --to everyone..proud of you!

love
maureen

I applaud your bravery! Keep going--you can do this! And keep us posted, too! :-)

Is it day 2 yet?

You are truely a brave, strong, woman. It inspires me to know that you are giving up an addiction. I need to do the same with so many things...i am just scared. I know your body and part of your soul is hurting. Stay strong and know that you have a ton of people routing for you!