Dementia/Alzheimer's is the pits whether you have it or whet

Dementia/Alzheimer's is the pits whether you have it or whether you care for someone who has it, but keeping a positive attitude sure helps to keep us strong and more able to cope. How are you today?

1 Heart

I am only 28 and I have short term memory loss from an accident I had as a teen. I know short term memory loss is a far cry from Dementia but, in a small way, I can understand. You are 100% right that a positive attitude makes coping a lot easier. I like to read a lot, and having short term memory loss means I can read and reread the same books over and over 100s of times and every time is new. Also, I get to meet the same people every day, and its the first time all over again. It's very hard for me to stay made because I can never remember why I am mad or even that I am mad. I think memory problems just makes our lives more interesting. At lease, this is how I like to think of it so on my bad days when my memory is really bad, life is more manageable. Keep strong and have fun, you are a strong person who is full of hidden (not forgotten) wisdom and knowledge.

1 Heart

@CrystalStar Absolutely! The happier we are - our bodies respond positively to that.