Dementia - Exercise is Key

Exercise is key in playing an important role in dementia treatment;

"It has been suggested that exercise can play an important role in dementia treatment.

A recent study by researchers at the University of Pittsburgh in Pennsylvania revealed that walking for five miles a week "protects the brain structure over ten years" and offers particular benefit to areas of the brain associated with memory and learning.

Professor June Andrews, director of the Dementia Services Development Centre at the University of Stirling, said that there were two main aspects of exercise which were likely to promote brain health...."

http://www.privatehealth.co.uk/news/december-2010/exercise-important-in-dementia-treatment-33343/

Source: privatehealth.co.uk

i have heard this, i have a friend who is a nurse that has told me exercising is important. i swear it seems that exercise helps so many aspects of the body and it seems so simple.

This article just stresses the importance of exercise in everyones life...it doesnt take a lot to make a huge difference for your overall well being.

I totally agree with both of you. Yet again, showing us how prevalent exercise should be in all of our lives, whatever form it takes and is feasible. Walking, running, yoga, pilates, etc. It's all about getting your body moving.