Depression

I understand your paranoia. I'm always worrying about whhat to say on my posts because I'm scared someone iknow may see it and just think I'm crazy. Message me if you ever need someone to talk to!!

I understand the school thing. I am in college at the age of 48. I have been working on my AA for a long time but it has been hard. Take a deep breath. You are going to school for what? And how long have you been going I can support you in this area . I started off with low grades due to my husband. But I am separating myself from his problems for I know that I cannot help. He needs professional help. God bless me please. So I will talk to you about school. I have been getting high grads. So smile and take a deep breath.

Jaded, you are not alone and there are a lot of people who would like to talk with you. Like "my peace of mind" I am in school at the age of 48. I am starting all over again and I feel like the most stupid human being ever created. Most of the students in my class are around my daughter's age and I feel so old and it doesn't help that school and work and everyday life exhausts a person to no end. It took me a copy of journals to be perfectly honest about myself and put myself out there. Yes, I am worried that someone might guess who I am but I realized that I would not be helping myself unless I am totally honest with all of you. You have more courage than you think you do. You decided to post again and that takes courage. Hang in there.

Hey Jaded,
Sorry if we haven't responded to your posts. I usually don't get on the site until night time.

Don't feel paranoid. Anonimity has it's benefits on here.

May I ask you what you are so paranoid about? What is so "horrible" about you?

Jaded it will be ok stay strong you are doing something most people only dram of going back to school these days. Every one here is struggling take one day at a time it will be ok if you need a support person to talk vent even just write to I can help be if you like til next time keep going you can do this.

Hey everyone, say whatever you feel like saying. We are all here to support. I've had some posts go without responses and I even went as far as to repost and ask people to respond. We have to remember people are living their lives and it is not intentional, people are busy or don't know what to say. I've read many posts and have not responded because sometimes I can't relate, or don't have constructive support or advice to give. That's ok. School can be very stressful and challenging, take one day at a time and focus on doing the best you can. I'm here to support you and I am here to be your friend Jaded.

xo, July

u are not alone it takes time to read all the sites that people have joined and like u have heard its hard to respond sometimes, my school days are so far behind me i dont even relate to (my peace of mind) some days i wish i was that young :)

but one thing i have learnt is school does not define your adult life, if u are having problems in school they have peopple u can go and see about it nowadays, or mayb u could just post here and we will try to help u in any way we can

keep posting

as always loving thoughts and positive vibes

D :)

THANKS Y'ALL. I have an AA and am pursuing a psy. degree. What is so horrible about me, well, my schizo self was so bad that I could not work, and people hate those who suck off of the gov. Whateve. My adult life is defined by my schooling, I have no wife or kids or never have. Just me and my dogs. An sad to say I rely on the grades and stuff for my self worth. I AM kinda past the typical school age, but I look 10 years younger, I just have to learn to keep my mouth shut. I got jumped on by the mother's in a class on developmental psych. It was at the 2.5 hours mark in the lectures and I could not be quiet anymore. NO biggy. But I am schizo, and some of the symptoms make it really hard. Especially because I thing that psy. students are going to know.

If you do have something you want to communicate to me, please take it out of the public forum and send me a priv. message, that means a lot.

Later,

Jaded

double posted

Oh Jaded, I did not mean you were horrible. It was a rhetorical question. Don't be ashamed of who you are is the point I was trying to get across. I apologize if it came out the wrong way.

You should be proud of your academical accomplishments. And having a spouse and kids doesn't make one person better than the next.

So you ruffled some feathers in class? You must have had a good point that hit home with some of the students.

Personally, sometimes I enjoy playing devil's advocate. It provokes some interesting conversation!

Ya, I know what you mean with the devil's advocate thing, I do it a lot. Now I think I better just hold my tongue as much as possible, until I make some from friends that know me for me, not by random comments.

Be yourself Jaded. We all appreciate you for you. We come here to hear people’s opinions, so say it like you see it. That’s the best way we’ll get to know you anyhow.

xo, July

jaded

your random comments are just fine.

it makes a good thread and sometimes pulls people up short when the topic doesnt go in the direction the postee or poster think its going.

for myself i find that having had half the family go to uni and half not they are doing equally well in the job market and love life departments.

those who have depression and ocd are sometimes finding it harder to engage with new people as quickly as the others and for myself im reluctant to get out there in the changing world and even consider a new friend to the limited membership, although i adore aquaintances

till next time

loving thoughts and positive vibes

D :)

Jaded, I am so very sorry for what you are going through, and I am even more sorry that you didn't get responses to your posts. Although, it sometimes takes a bit of time to get a response. If you don't get one, then feel free to re-post it again, and do it in multiple groups like you did with this post. I know that things will get better and better for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks people.