Did i cross a boundary by worried about my dad?

I don’t know if this belongs here or not, but here it goes.I dont know if my biological dad is still using or not. He said he is doing fine but idk. I found out he has court coming up for burglary and other charges, and when i asked him about it he said the it is all just a big misunderstanding and that nothing is wrong and not to worry. But i called the court clerk, she said if he doesn’t get paroled then it could be 1-15years or more depending on the judge and past offenses and that there is an attorney involved. When i told him this he freaked out and told me to stop looking him up and that its all okay. Im 22, my dad has been in and out of jail and prison my whole life for drugs and other stuff. He got out right before my 19th birthday and was doing really well till he met and married his wife, who i hate. I am just so upset that he would not be upfront with me he things that a felony is a misunderstanding and that everything is going to be okay. But my gut and intuition tells me i may never get to see him again a free man. And i dont know if ive crossed a boundary or not. Ive always worried about him. I love him but it doesn’t feel like he feels the same. Hes even given up on my little brother, who is turning 6 soon and my dad hasnt put in the effort to see him for 3 years now.

You didn’t cross a line at all, you care about him, but I don’t think he knows what that means, to love someone so much you would do anything to help them. He sounds incredibly selfish cutting you and your brother mostly out of his life. I don’t know the circumstances that led to him being in prison most of his life, but it doesn’t seem like he learned his lesson. It really is sad how little rehabilitation the prison system gives and how easy it is for those who made it out to get back in. I am so sorry friend, this sounds really hard. I am here if you need to talk. Hugs.