Does anybody else have a food allergy to caramel color? I li

Does anybody else have a food allergy to caramel color? I literally have only heard of one other person and I feel like i'm alone... It really sucks because its in so much food and beverages and even vitamins! It is insane, and some days its super difficult to avoid it. When I go to events, I have to pack myself my own food just in case. Because I literally can't read the labels and servers if I eat out anywhere don't know how to look for it. I feel like my diet some days are extremely restricted.

1 Heart

http://home.allergicchild.com/less-common-allergies-food-dye/. My advice, find a restaurant that is food allergy friendly, most towns have at least a few. Those that are natural are a good place to start. Explain your allergy and see what they say, I have a friend and her family is allergic to 8 major things and they still have found a way to eat out sometimes. Hugs!

I am allergic to caramels because it contains milk. A flavoring you would have to read the ingredients on the flavoring bottle. See if there is dye, lactic acid, almond flavor, vanilla extract or gosh knows what they add to make flavorings