Does anyone else get tired of the judgmental looks and comme

Does anyone else get tired of the judgmental looks and comments we get. I sometimes lose my balance...oh she must be drunk or high. Sometimes I slur my words....oh...she must be drunk or on something. I sometimes lose track of what I was thinking or saying....oh...she must be on something. I sometimes get killer headaches...oh....she is just hungover or strung out....if people only knew what we go through....but then....people are jerks and would just rather judge.

1 Heart

I don't have a brain injury but I do have a neuromuscular degeneration. People judge. It's frustrating. Like you, I have good days and bad days. You can't change them, just try to ignore them if you can.

1 Heart

@Betrayedbyasexaddict I know…I try…just sometimes things get to me

That is so awful that people are judging you as being drunk or high when you're not. Ick. It's really unfair. It sounds rotten to have to deal with that all the time. But they are confused by your behaviors, and are trying to figure it out. I know one blind woman who wore a button that said "I am legally blind" on it. I think that was her attempt to stop people from doing or saying stupid things around her. I don't know if people would stop their annoying behavior if you wore a button that said, "I'm not intoxicated; I have a brain injury."

1 Heart

@L2015 I could see that…and get a whole bunch of other comments…I normally just deal…but when it bugs…i vent…kinda what i do in here