Does anyone feel like they are being watched when they leave

Does anyone feel like they are being watched when they leave their home? Or when they are in stores or large crowds of people? I'm trying not to blame myself for my thoughts but it's really hard not to. My therapist explained to me that having schizophrenia isn't my fault because what i hear and see is distorted. I like to think of it as a mental filter everything gets processed through. Another problem that i've had for years is when strangers are laughing, say in a store or public place i think they are laughing at me which gives me horrible feelings. The only thing that seems to help is to isolate which has led me to sensitize myself to the outside world giving me a lot of anxiety when i leave my apt. Anyways just thought i would share in case anyone deals with these issues and has some good feedback. Thanks.

1 Heart

I do, but in my case it's because my husband is NPD and it's made me kinda paranoid. So do you think staying out of the public has exacerbated your thinking that way?

1 Heart

@Scat Yes i believe it has. Isolating over time sensitizes you to the outside world. Just like if you were to not ride a bike for 30 years, you might be a little apprehensive about it. But once you got on the bike and accepted that you could do it, desensitization begins.