Does anyone just find themselves breaking down crying? My so

Does anyone just find themselves breaking down crying? My sons father overdosed, we spilt when our son was 2 months due to his addiction and he was found dead when our son was 3 months. I'm better than I have been. But with all of my sons first happening (he'll be a year old Valentine's Day) I'm an emotional wreck every time. I loved my sons father but as you all know your love for your child is greater and I knew his father wasn't at his best. Sometimes I just feel so alone because I am unaware of anyone who can relate to my story.

This caught me: I am unaware of anyone who can relate to my story. Would it not be true that even another with gifted or supernatural empathy could never relate fully? Timing of events, all of the perceptions of our lifetimes leading into the event, then add all that to our evaluation and perception of the event. This one person would and could only be our very own self. I deal with this same issue and believe today that it is a universal burden of humanity. Some hide it so as not to feel tainted. That doesn't work well for me. What does work for me is being there for someone else that needs what I need, and being that to them with all the strength I have. I actually heal myself and I still do not understand how this works, but it works powerfully. Even the active thought process, imagining, and planning fills my emptiness as fast as a twinkle of an eye :)

@TinyAngeI I do understand how you can feel this way, especially around Valentine’s Day. Most single people go through emotional states around the holidays, but your’s is more intense due to the circumstances. Have you thought about reaching out to a grief group or get counseling to be proactive around times you know your emotions will be heightened? It will get easier to accept eventually. In the meantime, you need to find strength for yourself and your son. Those are options. ~Aria Craig: Certified Parent Coach (www.AriaCraig.com)