Does anyone know anything about getting a service dog? I wou

Does anyone know anything about getting a service dog? I would appreciate any information.

1 Heart

No i don't but if you google it something will come up

1 Heart

Google "How to get a service dog" on the Internet. There are several different websites in regards to service dogs.

1 Heart

@KitsuneHusky101
I have gone to service dog events. Service dogs are truly a blessing. I have multiple sclerosis and many people who have M/S have service dogs. These dogs are a true gift! I thought you would get more information by looking at the various web sites for service dogs because they offer a lot of information on their individual web sites.

@Littleturtle1000 what kind of dog do you have? Do you want this dog for support to take into stores or do you want it to be a real certified service dog that is trained?
I’ll tell you my story.
I got a dog that had separation anxiety. At 6 months old, I got on the Internet and went through all the trouble to get him tags, a vest and a card that showed he was a support dog. And it was a few hundred dollars. Turns out, that It’s not necessary. My dogs been going into the store with me since he was six months old. So now that it’s been 3 1/2 years, I know that if you have a dog that is well behaved and stays with you and doesn’t bark, you can take him into the store without anything. If anyone ask you if he’s a service dog, you say ...yes.. and that’s the end of it.
My dog is a small Chihuahua.
If someone wanted to take a big dog into a store, which I’ve seen many times, I think it’s better that they are more trained.
I’ve seen pitbull’s in the store that were very distracted from the owner. So that would not be a good idea..
probably once a month I have some random person asked me if he’s a service dog or it’ll be a customer that says I didn’t know they allow dogs in the store. And I just either say he’s a service dog and walk away or completely ignore them at this point. Because it’s illegal to harass someone with a service dog.
Mine only goes with me to the grocery store, the doctor, shopping at the mall.
Never on a plane or at the laundry mat , or allergy doctor. When I used to go to the allergy doctor.
Any Small places where people might be bothered.

1 Heart

@LollyNews thanks good info.

There is a man who has a dog kennel in Orangevale, California, who trains service dogs at the request of their owner. The rate he charges is based on what the owner of the dog is going to use the dog for and the length of time it takes him to complete the training. If anyone would like me to explore this further, please let me know. Marlene1105. Moderator

1 Heart

@MovedOn what??? Omg no not at all!! I must of hit that button by accident ill go fix it