Does anyone know if there's a group for sleep paralysis?

Does anyone know if there's a group for sleep paralysis?

1 Heart

Don't think they have one honey but I have had this happen to me so very scary if you want to talk about it message me anytime. Big hugs. xo

1 Heart

Thanks Jennipain. Its been going on for many years and I still have to sleep with the bathroom light on and have night lights in every outlet of the room and I'm still scared lol. It's like being in a waking nightmare. I just get so terrified going to bed at night. I don't have any problems sleeping during the day, I can take naps with no problems (for some reason it only happens at night). I just want to get over my fear of the dark but don't know how. I don't know what to do to stop the sleep paralysis besides sleeping with every light on lol. Do you have any suggestions? I try to tell myself that what I'm seeing isn't real but it isn't helping.

1 Heart

How Is Sleep Paralysis Treated?

Most people need no treatment for sleep paralysis. Treating any underlying conditions such as narcolepsy may help if you are anxious or unable to sleep well. These treatments may include the following:

Improving sleep habits -- such as making sure you get six to eight hours of sleep each night
Using antidepressant medication if it is prescribed to help regulate sleep cycles
Treating any mental health problems that may contribute to sleep paralysis
Treating any other sleep disorders, such as narcolepsy or leg cramps
What Can I Do About Sleep Paralysis?

There's no need to fear nighttime demons or alien abductors. If you have occasional sleep paralysis, you can take steps at home to control this disorder. Start by making sure you get enough sleep. Do what you can to relieve stress in your life -- especially just before bedtime. Try new sleeping positions if you sleep on your back. And be sure to see your doctor if sleep paralysis routinely prevents you from getting a good night's sleep.

1 Heart

@Jennipain I have been diagnosed with narcolepsy as well. I sometimes fall asleep when I’m eating, reading, watching tv, etc. I it doesn’t happen as often as it used to be though. I’m just glad my husbands been there to wake me back up so I don’t choke on my food Lol. I just can’t stay awake no matter how hard I try. It’s really bad when I’m tired so if I’m tired I don’t drive. I don’t want to fall asleep while I’m driving and put myself and others on the road in danger. It’s not worth it. How’s your back doing? Are you feeling any better? Thanks so much for the info!! Hugs

Why don't you try to read or watch a funny movie before bed

2 Hearts

Sometimes meditating for listening to easy listening music all night works. I had to leave a light on in my bedroom when I suffered from it and the TV on but for some reason it passed for me. Message me honey and maybe we can think of other things to help you so this does not happen. Love ya xo

1 Heart

@Jennipain I like listening to rain or ocean on cd

I've tried that and it helps getting me ready for bed and then as soon as I turn the lights off and run to the bed, my eyes are like this: O.O

1 Heart

@Tealy have you tried eye mask

Ok I sleep with stuffed animals pooh lion n tiger

What do you mean? Yes mine fall on the floor to

@Solitude101Thanks sooooo much for the info!! I’ve been reading the SleepParalysisSupport page on Facebook and it’s helping me a lot. It’s comforting in a way to read what others are going through and It’s so nice to know I’m not alone. They give a lot of helpful information : )

From Anxiety & Panic Disorders to Sleep Disorders