Doesn't everyone

The economy has reeked havoc in everyone's lives, we're all struggling to keep our heads above water. Both my husband and I have had out hours cut at our jobs - but have managed to keep up until recently. Yes, we're lucky to have jobs, I know. But now with the expense of my husbands medical bills adding up, we no longer have the means to make ends meet. The treatments are necessary to assure some quality of life for him. We are paying what we can when we can, now "people" are calling, threatening to turn us over to collections - very frustrating and overwhelming.

hi kbow

im so sorry for u, would it help if u spoke to the providers to see if u can get a lower repayment for the time being?

as always

loving thoughts and positive vibes

Thanks for the loving thoughts and positive vibes. Great idea, but I've tried that (and I'm employed at one of those providers) - no go. I'll just do what I can do when I can do it, keep putting one foot in front of the other..... :)

im sorry that u have one of those providers............

but thats all most of us can do sadly in these times is one thing at a time,

as always

loving thoughts and positive vibes

Try talking to medicaide and see if you two can apply for some assistance. But also I know how working with less hours hurts. Try looking into some of financial advice I have followed Suze Orman's advice and that has seemed to help. Also talk to the banks or if you can get into a federal credit union and they are better with approving loans and APR rates for loans. Try seeing if you two can size down on things you own if you can sell anything on either ebay, amazon or craig's list. Try to search for another job or a fulltime job its better to find one when your already employed somewhere than it is to find one when your totally unemployed. I myself have changed careers and when to school to get certified in my field and i still am having problems looking for work. I applied online a ton of times, plus handing resumes out and got one interview thus far. Been looking for over a month. I believe things will happen you just have to put your heads together and eventually the two of you will come up with something. Just talk to the co you owe if its medical as long as you pay something each month they can't send it to collections so even if its $50. a month its better than not paying. Talk to them see if you can go into a payment plan or on charity care and get some of the bill cut. Medication might be harder to negotiate but try talking to someone and keep trying until you talk to someone who hears you and is willing to help you. Both of you will get out just keep fighting and you'll see a way.

Hsve you tried googling financial help medical bills?