Doing things for me

Most of my life I have done things n a way to try to make everyone else happy (or at leat less unhappy)at my expense. Something that happened recently helped me to see that how some people feel should matter but that it is more important to make sure I am doing what will make me feel better and help me the most in the long run. Thse that should matter in my life will understand.

Tools, I am an old person and I learned a long time ago that I cannot make anyone else happy if I am not happy. You have to live your life for you and not everyone else. And the people who really matter and really care are going to be happy just because you are happy. It may not seem like it right away, but after 10 years I can tell you they are.

I have already seen how taking some time for me has improved communication in my family.

What do you do when you are trying to make yourself happy and everyone around you is fighting you? And I do mean everyone. It's a long story but I can't even leave the house at this point to work or continue my education and the worst part is that people think that it is funny.

tools, it is important to be who you are and not what others want to make them happy. In the long run you are the only one that will matter and you need to live for yourself and be happy with that. What others might say or think is there own problem. I am glad to hear things are better with communication and the family. So stick with it and it will only make things better for you in the bigger picture.
Stay strong
K9