Don't know what to do

What happened? Four years ago I graduated high school with a near perfect GPA. Got into my top school, actually every school I applied to. I had many interests and was involved in sports, music, and student activities. I loved music and was an avid snowboarder. I was bright and happy and had so much potential. Then somewhere between then and now I lost everything. I lost the ability to concentrate, to retain information. I am destroying my body as I starve myself. I have no friends, no interests besides my eating disorder. Bipolar disorder is stealing my life and I don't know what to do about it. I feel lost. I've tried every medications, but I don't like the side effects. The only thing I can stick with is lithium because I get really bad, long manias. I don't know what to do. I just want to be happy again. But I have so many other diagnoses that I can't tell what is what anymore. I want my life back.

Hi Amna, So very sorry for what you have been through and are going through. I suggest you see your doctor. Also have you done any counseling? If not, then I suggest checking into that also. Please keep sharing with us. We are here for you. ((((hugs))))

Hey Amna,
You seem under a lot of pressure right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your ED and being bipolar can be so hard I hope you are getting the right councel for your needs.

You still are the bright-eyed person you always were, it's just that an ED can be very destructive, suffering from one myself, I know how time consuming it is. I also suffer from bipolar disorder and depression.

The most important thing is that you are getting the help you need and to be put on the correct medication. It general takes about 6 weeks to get a medication working correctly in the system and I know the side effects can be very hard to handle. I am currently on an anti-depressant that is working wonders for me. There were barely any side effects in fact, it's all about finding the one that suits.

Hope you are having a good day.
Please stay positive and seek the help you truly deserve.
You can drop me an email anytime, please feel free to do so if you would like to chat.

Loads of hugs
Moongal x

I agree w/all posts and medications can help some people for a certain amount of time til their bodies become immune to the meds and one may have to switch to different types of other meds or alternatives. I admire you for being aware of yourself and feel for you with the awful rollercoaster ride this disorder has you having to endure, keep going & take care of you, your in my thoughts.

April

I also can feel for you as I have bipolar and have ED. I know you are smart so you will understand what I am going to say. When you starve yourself you starve your body and your brain. When your brain is starved it can not function properly. ED form me when I was anorexic was an attempt to control something (what I ate) when I felt I couldn't control something else and bulimia was an attempt to control anxiety then a punishment because I couldn't stop something else in my life from hurting me. Somehow hurting myself helped me feel better about what else was hurting in my life. I don't know if you can relate to that or not but of course the ED never solved anything just made life worse. Be nice to your body...you are the only person that will definately be with you for the rest of your life! Others come and go but how you treat you will effect the rest of your life. If you don't know how to treat yourself right then think of how you would treat something you love. Would you feed it, water it, protect it? Of course! You deserved to be loved by you too!Take a step toward being good to your body..it works! :)

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder