Effexor ER's Generic

Has anyone here had any problems with the generic Effexor XR capsules? I have been taking Effexor XR capsules for several years. When I was switched to the generic, I began to become very agitated, depressed, and very moody. Please let me know if this has happened to any of you. TY.

Hello Sandi,
I was taking Effexor XR for several years and at first it helped but then it just made me fell worse I had to break myself off from it like a drug addict would crack. I think that I was always on the generic. Hope you get to feeling better I know I did once I got off that stuff. Mightymaxx

Hi Mightymaxx, I have been on Effexor XR for several years as well. I told my psychiatrist many times, that I did not feel it was helping me at all. She kept me on it anyway. I have always been on a very low dose 75 mg per day. I see my new psychiatrist tomorrow. I am praying that she can help me get off the Effexor easily and place me on a better anti-depressant for me. Many years ago Sinequan really helped me! It kept me calm and helped me sleep. It is one of the older tricylic antidepressant which was taken over by all of the so called better SSRI’s. I do not do well on any of the SSRI’s.
What are you taking now for depression? Is it working well for you?
I am on Effexor XR, Lamictal, Klonapin and Seroquel. I do very well on the regular Seroquel and am thinking of asking my doctor if I can go on Seroquel XR.

From Mood Disorders to Bipolar Disorder