Everyday I go into work I feel like bawling my eyes out.

Everyday I go into work I feel like bawling my eyes out.

I feel like I get treated like poop at home and then go to work to feel like poop as well. My residents expect a 5 star resort when it's at best a 3. (I do food service in a oldage home)

I have no control over food or their tickets I just serve and try to make changes where I am able to but that's not good enough for them.

I don't get paid enough , at best I get min wage after taxes and health care/pension gets taken out which doesn't help with inflation

I am just venting and I'm trying to move forward to better my life. I'm learning to code on my own and have a meeting with a counselor next week to see if any collage courses would work for me and that terrifies me

1 Heart

Don't like anything pumpkin. Greatly prefer a Southern sweet potato pie.

1 Heart

makes total sense why youd hate that job. Ive worked with populations who live in residential settings and require support---nothing is ever good enough for some people. It isn'yyou, it's them and it's the whole structure of the organization. People are super ungrateful, and I can promise you there are better jobs and career options available to you. I t's wonderful you're looking into college, and it may help to chat yo your supervisor or colleagues about what you're experiencing and how it's affecting you. Just saying like Im really struggling with the way people treat me, do you have any suggestions for how I can cope? Something.Never isolate yourself. The job is HARD, and you will get through this. Im so glad you're doing coding and exploring college. If you like kids or something, you could look into something like after school support, or tutoring, or babysitting as well, just to break up the monotony.

1 Heart

@Doodle1234 aye I did reach out to my manager who was awesome at listening and somewhat resolving to the best of her ability but she moved onto another building. We have someone temp in the spot that just looks empathize ya have 10 heads when you ask something.

Supervisor does make suggestions but honestly I know it’s.me that can’t handle it because even putting my foot down makes me feel empathize crap

I’m thinking about it but I didn’t enjoy watching over my neices and nephews last summer so I don’t think the kids thing would be a route for me

1 Heart

Honestly, companies don’t care too much about employees—we’re just usually replaceable. So I think you nerd to empathize with yourself rather than other people and put your needs first. You really have to stand up for yourself a bit more. You dont ever have to make yourself suffer, ever. Either ask for a different position, or apply for a different positon in another company. :slight_smile: Ypull start to feel better the more places you apply, and realize opportunities do exist. It may not be that you find something perfect this week, but I think if you can take a few days off to try to do that youll feel a biy better about your situation <3 you are never trapped.

Im working on it! My therpist doesnt think its work causing my issues
She says my nervous system is shot so when something happens similar to my childhood it effects me more

1 Heart

ah yea, you’re walking around with complex trauma then. It makes sense. Maybe you need a job that is in a more relaxing environment, like quiet. Just for a little while even.