Feel worthless

ive put in so many apps everyday i wake up hoping to get a call but it never comes i fell like ive let everyone down im so depressed all the time i hate life now its so full of nothing my fiance has to take care of me feed me house me if i dont get a job soon i dont know what ill do i just feel so alone and so sad

Keep your head up. And know you are not alone right now. With everything the way it is with the economy the process for getting a job is taking longer. keep your head up and know all you have to offer a job. It will take some time but you will find something soon. keep looking and stay strong!

Ur not wortless but boy I know how u feel. Same here. It's perpetual torture. Sometimes I get a interview. But no job yet. I'm traumatized I was wrongfully terminated by my manager in a hateful rage. The monster took my livelihood. Monster. Just because she cud.

I'd move on but there r few jobs n the competition is fierce. May god bless u and keep u n get u a job soon. A good job that makes u happy.

I will never forget this. I'm heartbroken about my llast job. I loved it except my manager n I never saw her except when she was writing me up trying to get me fired.

Man, do I know how you all feel. A few months after I got out of college, I landed a job in my field. It was perfect...it combined several of my interests into one job. I put a ton of my personal time into it, thinking it would pay off. Time that I never got paid for...not even so much as a "thank you". But I thought it would gain me some kind of favor.

Suddenly my supervisor (who knew nothing about my field) starting trying to tell me how to do my job. That didn't set well with me, so I stood up for myself. I realize now that at some points I let my emotions get the best of me and I should have handled things differently. But for several months things seemed to have gotten better and I thought we had put things behind us. I always felt like it was just a matter of time before we got annoyed with each other again, though.

I suddenly realized that I couldn't stay there. I loved my job and what I did, but I despised the people I worked for. Literally days later, I was fired. After a year and a half of pouring my soul into the place, it was over...just like that. Supposedly, it was because of some simple "mistake" I had made the week before. Then I found out they had anonymously posted my job in the paper TWO WEEKS before they fired me. It was all planned. My income, my health insurance, my livelihood gone because of one man's power trip. Never in a million years did I ever think I would be FIRED.

I had no idea what to do. I felt so pathetic, worthless and like a big fat failure. Who would want to hire me after I got fired from a job that I majored in? What did that say about me? I had no idea what to do, where to look, who to turn to. I applied to everywhere I thought I could deal with working...full-time, part-time, retail...I was desperate. Panicked. For three months I looked and I found nothing but dead ends.

One night, when I least expected it, a job fell right into my lap through a lady I met in college. And, it was in my field. About a year and a half later, I'm still there. I love my boss to death...the job not-so-much, but that's a different topic ;-) I'm just thankful to have a job. I have no doubt that it was God working in my favor.

My point in all of this is to say I've been there and came through it. No matter what your situation or how you ended up unemployed, you WILL find another job. Just keep your head up (easier said than done, I know) and your eyes and ears open. Ask friends and relatives if they know of anyone that's hiring. Ask receptionists, cashiers, former teachers or co-workers. You never know! Honestly, a lot of the time it's who you know...and they don't even have to be in any kind of powerful position.

I'm still bitter about my old job. I found out that several months later the company let go 5 more people...some of who had been there 20, 30 and 40 years. That's when I really realized what kind of people I had been working for. I don't know if I'll ever completely get over what happened. But I am here to tell you that there is life after losing a job.

I wish you all the very best! May you view this as a clean slate...a new beginning full of new opportunities!

Cosmicgirl, welcome & at least you learned & know it wasnt anything you did wrong directly/indirect.

Guess we're all gonna have to go knock on doors to get some responses.