Feeling so so down today. I've had oral herpes for over 10 yFeeling so so down today. I've had oral herpes for over 10

Feeling so so down today. I've had oral herpes for over 10 years, and usually the outbreaks are almost unnoticeable. But this time it's so much worse... right in the middle of my top lip, and visible no matter how I turn my head. I can't even stand being at work and having people look at me. And even being at home, I'm so paranoid that I'm spreading the infection over everything. I have two daughters, I can't bear the thought of them ever catching it from me, even though I've never kissed them on the mouth or ever shared food with them.

Just don't know how I can ever feel better about this.

1 Heart

Most would see it only as a cold sore and as u know you can catch it in many ways. Dont assume people think the worst. Only you can feel better about this and part of that is challenging those negative thoughts and assumptions. You have managed for 10 yrs dont let one big ob get you down. Think about any reasons why its flared up so you can prevent in the future.

1 Heart

You can purchase super lysine plus ointment by Quantum. Cvs sells it. Also they sell some small flesh colored band aid looking cover ups. They are circular and sold in the same area at CVs.

1 Heart