Feeling very lonely... My last year and a half has been supeFeeling very lonely... My last year and a half has been

Feeling very lonely... My last year and a half has been super rough... I've lived with depression for as long as I can remember but right now I have no one... I have no friends.. Not a single person to call on for anything.. My family doesn't even invite me to functions or ever reach out to me.. And my kids can't stand to be around me... Not sure how a person can really like like this or how to fix this.

3 Hearts

Why have you been like this? Please share more about yourself.

Shygirl877 I am your male counterpart. Ex decided she was gay n left for best friend 10 months ago. I have had severe depression since, can't cope with family or friend n trying to protect my littlens from my grief n pain by not seeing them. What I'm trying to say is I think I understand and can sympathise with the depths of loneliness n isolation. I saw one of the depression pictures which I wish I could attach but it did say depression makes us to want to be alone yet feel lonely. Have you got any hobbies or interests where you can meet people? Do you have any less bad days where you can start looking for friends online? I joined a number of Facebook depression groups which have helped in the early days.

Really feel for you n hope things can improve... virtual hugs

1 Heart

I can understand You frustration of feeling alone and the depression it causes. I lost my wife almost seven years ago. We had been married for 37 years. Because she died I hospice I got a free year of counciling. Even with that I am still on antidepressants
There and a half years ago I had to have my left leg amputated. This made me very depressed. I realized that the only way I could get over my depression was to concentrate and help other people less fortunate than me. I work on living by these four words. " This too shall pass." How fast it passes is up to us. I hope this helps and I will keep you in my prayers.

I wish that I had a magic fomulathat would take the lonley Ness away I know what it is like to have your children not want anything to do with you.Where are you from. I can tell you that being alone sucks

My depression comes and goes, but I definitely know what being alone feels like. What I usually do is find something that made me happy before I was depressed and make myself do it. I joined Facebook groups and met people there and such. I know you only expressed depression, but I would just like to say for you, or anyone else, TWLOHA is a great site / Facebook group for people who are self-harming, or depressed. Ive been a part of that community for a long time and there so many great people who have helped me, Ive worn the bracelet for six years now to remind myself that things will get better eventually and that there is a way out. If you ever need anything, I'm here to talk to :)