For a while I was sad about breaking it off with my ex. But

For a while I was sad about breaking it off with my ex. But then I started feeling better and happier even. I then made the stupid mistake of thinking I could be strong enough to look at his social media websites without being effected. And when I did, I wasn't sad but I was just really angry. Reallyyy angry. Like I wish I could get revenge or just wish him a bad life. I know this is unhealthy also. It's hard to pretend he doesn't exists. I either feel really angry, which makes me want to go out have a superficial happy life for him to see, or really sad, which makes me lonely and sympathize with him. How should I think about it in a healthy and rational way that will help me move forward? I need help! How do you guys try to think about it?

1 Heart

I can't give you all the answers because this is still something I'm struggling with too... But I thought it might help you to know that you're not alone and I feel the exact same way with a whole bunch of mixed emotions (I just checked my ex's facebook for the first time since we broke up today.... I regretted it and I don't want to do it again.) I think... I would say try to focus on YOU, like try to do things that you enjoy for yourself that make you think good thoughts about things that don't involve him. It's natural to feel sadness when you loose someone who was part of your life, and it's natural to feel anger. I would say there's not much use in sympathizing with him. If you catch yourself doing that, maybe just remind yourself that the relationship is over and gone and there's not much use wishing things were different. But I think the best thing to do is just try to move on, live your own life as best you can --- the more time you spend doing things for yourself, the less time you'll spend thinking about him until one day this will just be part of the past and not really effect you much anymore :) Just think about how great your future can be now that this negative person is out of it!!!

1 Heart

Thank you so much for taking your time to right this. It really does help to know I'm not alone. Good luck to you too in your journey. <3

Thanks! All the best :)