For the first time since I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 a

For the first time since I was diagnosed with genital HSV1 about half a year ago.. I've been feeling more optimistic. I recently stood up to my ex, of almost a year, due to his constant verbal abuse. All this time, I was scared to leave because I didn't think anybody or another man could love me with what I have. However, the recent spark and awareness of HSV in the news and social media has decreased the stigma. I know a vaccine or cure is still far off but it gives me hope knowing that people are realizing how prevalent HSV really is. I've been coming to this site for months reading others' stories but never had the guts to post mine. If I can do this alone, so can everyone else. You just need to learn to accept it and move on because whoever truly loves you, will accept this too. Thank you.

So much is in the news, 2/3 of the world have herpes and it is completely normal. People need to become AWARE how common it is

Im pleased for you. I think understanding the virus how it works the risks when you are having sex all that sort of stuff makes acceptance that much easier