Going on my 3rd week without a drink (18 days), almost 12 po

Going on my 3rd week without a drink (18 days), almost 12 pounds lighter too.

2 Hearts

That is so fantastic!!!!!! Major congrats!

1 Heart

Good 4 u!!! Yay

1 Heart

Good for you. Are you just trying to make some tweaks to jump start your life a bit, or are you trying to quit drinking forever?

Due to how I am, I think at this point, or at least for the foreseeable future I need to stay dry. I wouldn't say I was a full blown alcoholic, but I did have a problem. I tried to usually keep it to the weekends. But then it got to where it was going in to the week. My issue is with excess. I could go a fair bit without drinking, a few days, a week, maybe a month; but the nights I would drink - I would buy maybe an 6, 8, or 12 pk that I would say "this is for the weekend". Instead I would end up drinking the entire thing, then going back to the store or instacarting more. A buzz wasn't good enough, I would have to get just utterly blasted. Before, I could hide outside or in the basement so my daughter wouldn't necessarily see me get that way, but now that I am going through a divorce, I don't ever want to be like that again for her - I don't ever want her to see me that way.