Good afternoon. I'm 45 years old and in Oct I had a freak a

Good afternoon. I'm 45 years old and in Oct I had a freak accident, and ended up losing my left leg (supposedly above the knee).... the fat and muscle hang about 6 inches below the knee. I'm having reconstructive surgery on Thursday to get the fat removed, the muscle removed and the femur cut up about 2 inches shorter. The surgeon is also hoping if I have any nerve endings in the fat/muscle mix she'll be able to get them removed. Hopefully handle some of this phantom pain. My phantom pain is like a 20 out of 10. I take 700 gabapentin in the morning, 700 about 2pm and 800 about 900-1000. It's not cutting the phantom pain at all but it has screwed my memory to know end.

1 Heart

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through so much. Gabapentin helps about 80% of the time for me, but I have heard sometimes you have to try different medicines before you find the right solution; keep working with your doctor until you find out what works.

Also, your interests can be a pain reliever. Being around animals, reading favorite books, and music are big helps for me. I wish you the best, and always feel free to drop in and chat.

@OhForPetesSake Thanks. I did try lyrica and lamictal and neither helped at all.