Good evening everyone! I have a dilemma. I was recently

Good evening everyone!!! I have a dilemma. I was recently diagnosed with hsv and I have hpv as well. I have a 15 yo son. I'm wondering should I disclose my statuses to him. I'm thinking that this could be a teachable moment for him about sex. He is still a virgin. On the other hand, I don't know how he would react. I don't want him to look at me differently. I don't want him to be afraid to hug me or be
me. Or eat my cooking anymore. What should I do???

1 Heart

I think you should, I will when my daughter gets around that age. Right now she is way too young. She's five

2 Hearts

@jijine12 thanks for your input.

I'm 24 and have had both since February it's so hard to accept I think he might not take it so well that's something pretty big to accept. I think u should tell him about the risk and say a friend has it or someone u know and then tell him later when he would understand better because he just might react like you fear

3 Hearts

@keepingmyfaith1 I think the difference is that you actually have the virus that is why you are not coping he does not have the virus so he may actually be different

That's true. I think u should do what you feel is beat you are the only one who knows what is best for your lifestyle and son

@keepingmyfaith1 Exactly!!! Lol

That's a hard call, but it would likely cause him a lot of stress.

2 Hearts

@barefootm95 That’s true. In fact, my son suffers from anxiety and depression. So, I know what I need to do. I’m making up a fictional person. Lol. I don’t want him to go through what I’m going through.

I think you should. I believe it would make you feel better and be educational from him.

the only thing to think about is that if you do tell him at any point in time will he be upset because you never told him earlier would he think that you just lied to him