Good morning everyone I hope everybody’s is well . I staye

Good morning everyone I hope everybody’s is well . I stayed home sick today I’m not feeling so well I’m feeling overwhelmed at work. I feel like I don’t belong people can be mean and moody .then again maybe it’s me I’m definitely not mean to people but I just don’t handle rejection well or people with attitudes that is a lot at my job. the place that I work is very very toxic for sure and I also have been struggling with depression and I have one bad dream after another dream at night. I feel overwhelmed with my life I mad so many bad choices that lead me up to the place that I am now I don’t know how to move forward and be happy I’m disgusted with myself every waking moment of my life I think all the mistakes I have made . The rejection the pain in my past marriage that my family reminds me of its to much. How does a person move forward when they have so much pain in the past and things that they did themselves I’m so guilty of the marriage falling apart I feel awful

1 Heart

Pauline, why does your family constantly bring up your past marriage, people make mistakes, but it is cruel to constantly be reminded of your past regardless if it was your fault or not.

1 Heart

Thank u. Your right. But what if some was my fault? . Meaning I was not so great to my ex husband and I made so many mistakes with raising my kids .but your right none of us are perfect we make mistakes I have to try to forgive myself .

1 Heart

I realize I can't feel the abandonment you're feeling right now, but know you aren't alone. I've become so worried about therapists leaving me at the most critical times that I'm even hesitant to go again at this point. I completely get that they are people and they have things change in their lives, too. However, they are in a unique position where they are dealing with the fragility of people's lives -- people's minds. It's not okay to email a patient out of nowhere and tell them that you won't be able to see them anymore. It's also not okay to simply say, "I don't know that I'm best able to help you anymore, would it be alright if I recommend to you a few associates of mine who may be able to better assist you? For people who already have severe abandonment and self-esteem deficiencies, this can be a sort of death blow. Far more harmful than the initial problem we came in for. So, I'm very very sorry you're dealing with this right now, and I hope nothing but the best for you. Please let me know if you'd like to chat further, and be well.

Thank you so much for understanding how I feel and I am looking for a therapist again I am having such a difficult time finding one even no one takes my insurance or they’re all booked and not taking new patients. they don’t refer me I don’t understand what to do .when you’re not feeling well in your mind how do you just not care (as far as therapist go ).thank you everybody on here for trying so hard to help me I need a therapist though .

1 Heart

@Pauline1234 that’s the catch-22, though, isn’t it? When you don’t feel well, and what you would benefit from most is a therapist who knows what they’re doing, 1.) it’s so much easier to just crawl into bed and try to ignore the world and your frustrations/fears, and 2.) when you finally muster the strength to advocate for yourself by feeling therapeutic help, the quality therapists who could potentially help you are booked up and not taking new patients, or don’t accept your insurance, or some other combination of restricting factors. It’s ever-frustrating, and please know that you aren’t alone in this ridiculous struggle within the system. Practically speaking, it’s super broken, and people can’t see our pain or struggles, so they seem to get ignored so much of the time. But we are here to listen and offer any support we can here. Try to smile today, even if it’s only a little bit. :slight_smile:

I need help

@Pauline1234 What’s going on today? We’re here.

I’m struggling to feel that I’m gonna be okay that I can make it in this life that I can deal with people at my job that are mean cruel gossiping and I can handle the fact that my children don’t always want to be around me (their adults) I just wanna know I’m gonna be OK I don’t feel good about myself I just need to know that I’m going to be OK .even though I really don’t know if I’m gonna be OK if that makes any sense

1 Heart

@Pauline1234, I’m SO sorry that I’m am only now reading your latest comment here. For some reason, the notifications on this site do not work properly for me, and I don’t seem to know someone responded unless I manually pull up “all posts,” and then go into posts one at a time and read down. So, that’s how I got here. I apologize for leaving you hanging. Since it’s been quite a bit since you wrote me back, let me ask, how are you feeling lately? I hope you’ve been doing a little bit better than earlier? I can testify that not knowing where I’m headed or what is to come for me is probably THE scariest aspect of my life, because, we know that having this kind of uncertainty is completely normal for all people, but for people like is, it’s so much worse because our disaster thinking and depression or anxiety or PTSD, or whatever else it winds up being, takes the unknown and turns it into doomsday scenarios that often aren’t realistic by any stretch of the imagination. I’m an expert on this because I do it constantly, and even though I can sit here and type about it to you, I still can’t seem to get out of my own way when I’m engaging in the same thing, myself. I hope this finds you well, and I hope you’re smiling. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for helping me and yes I definitely also worried about the future but I guess we can never really control the what if this ?

1 Heart

@Pauline1234isn’t that the truth?! We sure can’t control those things. All we can try to control is ourselves, and let the rest fall where it may.