Has your body changed since sexual abuse?

I really want to keep this short and sweet so here we go. I grew up as a young boy being sexually abused by a particular family member and also had an instance of a female teacher touching me inappropriately in middle school. I am older now and in a relationship and it’s not so much I can’t be sexually active but when I do my mind and body find it hard to focus. Ultimately, I just end up focusing on my partner and their needs and leaving it there. I’m curious if any of you have similar experiences that are linked to your abuse or what you had to do to come out of it.

• thank you and best wishes on your healing journey!
2 Hearts

To you, sex equals abuse and now that you are in a loving relationship you are attempting to see sex as a way of love. Abuse changes everything, but you can learn a way forward. Have you ever talked to a therapist about this?

So glad you are here and have a safe place to discuss this. SG

2 Hearts

I have started to. It’s a process but I was curious how many other people are out there that feel this same way. thank you for the response as well I appreciate it!

2 Hearts

So proud of you for seeking out a therapist, this isn’t easy, but healing is a wonderful goal. Hopefully other members will chime in, we are hoping that the site will attract more members and that the love and support we envision will grow. Best-SG

1 Heart

I believe it does. I was sexually abused as a child by leadership in my boyscout pack. It was so bad and the threats he used to keep me silent changed me. I’m now 46, agoraphobic and have never casually dated, had a relationship or even sex of any kind. Anytime someone has tried getting closer than a friend I withdraw, I get nauseous and i feel im a helpless 8yo again. I have no sexual urges or even want to find someone to be with. I feel what they did ruined me but I’m ok, Ive made the best out of my situation.

2 Hearts

Thank you so much for telling me this i appreciate it. our story isn’t over and as long as we are breathing we still have time to heal and grow.

1 Heart