Have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks almost ev

Have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks almost everyday. I refuse to take prescription medicine and wish to work on this naturally. I have recently quit smoking weed and cigs after ten years of smoking both every day because every time I tried smoking I would immediately have a panic attack. I need help to cope and handle every day tasks.

2 Hearts

@NYinNeed Welcome to SG! You will meet many wonderful people here, fondly called SG friends. The bottom of the page is a FAQ, it will assist you in navigating the site. The top right off this page are numerous groups, also there is a Support Someone icon, familarized yourself with them. You may join as many groups as necessary. There are Anxiety, Depression, Marjuana, and Grief groups. SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow......

Are there any tools I can use to begin the process of healing?

1 Heart

@NYinNeed You needed to seek help professionally, by letting your doctor recommend a therapist for you. You refused to take medication, and wished to work on this naturally…How is that working for you? Even though you quit smoking, and weed, you still have panic attacks. I empathized, but you still needed help to cope with daily tasks. Therapy, and a course treatment is the only way… Anxiety, and Depression is so difficult on your well being… Yes, it’s overwhelming. Remember you’re not alone, SG friends are here, yo support, and be supported. Be strong the best is yet, to follow…

I respect that you wanna stay away from pharmaceuticals.. i'm the same way. but when i was 16 i was highly persuaded by my doctor to try xanax and i had no idea what was at the time. i was having panic attacks daily and it did help get that under control, but then i became too dependent on the medicine. try something for now just to get the attacks under control and at the same time work on your coping skills. getting your panic attacks under control should be your priority.

1 Heart