Having a difficult time this afternoon. I still can't come t

Having a difficult time this afternoon. I still can't come to grips with the fact that he just stopped caring and is done. Since I'd been married before, we had long talks about what marriage meant to us and the fact that if I did get married again, that it would be for forever. I refused to go through another divorce. :( Apparently he didn't really mean it when he said the same.

I fear that he's being given advise from someone that doesn't know his background or both sides of the story. This makes me sad. He's an extremely passionate person, meaning that if he loves you and is happy, he can be the most caring and loving person you'd ever want to meet, but if he's angry . . . watch out! My friends tell me that I can do better and that I don't need that mental abuse in my life, and I agree (with the mental abuse part), I can't seem to stop thinking of the good times though. It just doesn't seem real. :(

2 Hearts

That's my issue my STBX is getting advice from a bitter woman whom I've never met and taking it all to heart. She is also very nice when things are ok but says the most awful things I've ever been told when she's mad. I spent 3 years under.the threat of her throwing me out & my girls and ending our marriage. I never realized how mentally abusive she was until we separated. You don't deserve that at all. No one does.

1 Heart

Thanks! <3

Divorce is never easy. I've been through it twice. The second one after 30 years of marriage. As horrible as it is, you will survive. When your partner stops loving you, you have to love yourself and let go. Letting go is not easy and takes a lot of work. Look forward, stay busy and find support groups to attend. I talked out my pain in support groups, it made all the difference in the world. Make positive notes to yourself and post them where you will see them often. Surround yourself with supportive friends and family. You are loved and many more will love you too.

From Romantic Relationships to Divorce & Separation