Having a pretty hard time dealing with a mentally ill mother

Having a pretty hard time dealing with a mentally ill mother. She is verbally abusive & can be physically. I will be starting college soon & I plan on working toward joining the military to get away from her.

1 Heart

@shewolf15 Your mother is verbally, and physically abusive, for she's mentally ill. I empathized with you, for a person liked, that Is especially difficult to lived with. Is she receiving treatment. I could understand, why you would wanted to get as far away from her, as you can. You planned on working towards, joining the military. Are you postive, that this is the career choice you really want. Or you are running away from your mother? When youhoyou off to college, before you join the military, make sure you see a therapist for your abused from your mother. It would assist in your healing. Be strong the best is yet, to follow.... SG friends are here, to support, and be supported. Hugs my friend.

1 Heart

Hello there ! Thank you so much for the support. I am enrolled in community college taking veterinary courses. I would like to go to the military since I know a friend who is in the military & he is telling me that the benefits are absolutely wonderful & you alot of money for your service. I want to go to get away from my ill mother also. I am stuck between a rock & a hard place so it is the best option that I have at this point. She is abusing alcohol so if you know about mental illness you can get a glimpse as to why I have to get out this circumstance pretty quickly.

1 Heart

I've been in a similar situation. 9 years ago, I chose me. It was difficult and scary, but I did and it was the best decision for me. Just be sure you're heading in a direction you want rather than escaping. :-) This makes you stronger.

1 Heart

Thank you

From Substance Abuse to Mental & Physical Abuse