Healthier coping skills

Ok so Here's the deal I went to therapy today and things went well. For those of you who have been trying to help me out this past week because of all my feelings of needing to self injure, Thank you. I am not going to lie and say I didn't but I didn't do it as bad as i wanted to so I guess that is something. So anyways I had therapy today and everything I had been stressing over got addressed. I actually feel better today. I know it's not the last time I will have these feelings. but for now and today I am for the most part at peace. Since I feel at peace I want to go over some more healthy coping skills. the biggest one I know is journaling but that is what started all this crap so journaling is not my best option. However I get lost there. I know watching tv helps to distract me. but then my urges of wanting to just eat everything come into play because still in the back of my mind I see everything from my journaling, And I need to keep journaling so that I can continue to make progress. So watching TV is good but how to I fight the urges to eat. Next when I do finally go to bed I have a hard time with sleeping because again my mind just runs around with the flashbacks. I do take stuff to help me sleep and it works, but generally it works when it is starting to get to be day time. And I can't sleep all day, I have a life I have to manage during the day. so I don't know what type of coping skills I could be using to help me better control these issues until I see my therapist again.
Any ideas? And I will try not to shoot every idea down.

I am so happy to hear that you had such a positive therapy session where you were able to work through your stressors and in turn you feel so much more at peace. That's so fantastic.

From Substance Abuse to Mental & Physical Abuse