Hello everyone, I am a stay at home mom and I am a foster mo

Hello everyone, I am a stay at home mom and I am a foster mom, I was diagnosed with pcos and cant have any kids of my own so me and my husband decided to adopt. We adopted 3 kids and have 2 foster kids and my husband has a child with his previous relationship. I love my kids but sometimes i get so overwhelmed , and feel depressed at times I sometimes feel like I don't have enough energy to keep up with all 6 kiddos. I don't have any friends don't have any adult time I feel so down most of the time but have to put up a smile for my kids and husband. Does anyone feel or have felt the same?

I can’t say much on motherhood as I don’t have any kids but I think it’s totally normal to feel exhausted and overwhelmed at times. Do you have a therapist or are on any antidepressants? I have PCOS as well so I get the struggles that come with that. Maybe the lack of energy is related to the pcos? I have a twin and she has pcos and her baby is about to turn 2 and she suffers from depression and feeling overwhelmed. Raising kids is a hard job and I think it’s totally okay to get some help from family to give u some time to yourself and take a break for a few hours or something. I also think therapy would be good for u to talk about these feelings and to treat any underlying issues that may be there.

1 Heart

@Destiny2020 I am not on antidepressants, and I do have a therapist but don’t see he so often because I have to go around my husbands schedule, and it makes it harder to because my husband suffers from severe anxiety and panic attacks and cant really be left alone, so I had to stop going to therapy. So now all I do is just be home with the kids, trying to find ways to keep them busy and even that is just so exhausting.