Hello Everyone. I am new to this group because I would like

Hello Everyone. I am new to this group because I would like some input and advice. I am not sure of my gender and that confusion is causing a great deal of stress. Because of early abuse in my dysfunctional childhood, I am not really sure if I was ever truly given a choice by those events and the times then. How do I know or feel what gender I truly am? Why would it take me so long to begin to question my gender? I believe I am at a cross roads and need to understand myself so that I can continue and try to be content with my life.

1 Heart

First off, maybe you could start looking up LBGTQ groups in your area or nearest city that have a group. Reach out to them by calling or email let them know you are questioning and are very confused. Ask if there is someone in the group that would be willing to talk with you then wait to hear back from them. If they contact you then you could give them you contact info at that time.
I'm pretty sure it's common for people to not start questioning until later in adulthood, it's different for everyone and it has nothing to do with your gender. I don't think you will get much input here on this topic but it is a very good support group over-all. I would suggest you look up the online lgbtq support group called emptyclosets because that is what that group is all about. Stay here too because the more support you get the better. Also, maybe you could see if there are fb groups too. Look up PFLAG in your area, usually they have people that you can talk with.

1 Heart

Fohb 460 thank you for the information and sharing your insights with me. I will certainly look into those suggestions.

1 Heart

@JustJ60 You’re welcome. I’ll support you.

Thank you CK Blossom, I will honestly hadn't thought of that ... so certainly I will look into that idea. Thanks for the suggestions about the library [online and real-world]